Aim to do at least 20 minutes of exercise a day. If you can’t do very strenuous exercise, go walking.
Create an effort to integrate it into
your daily routine.
How many of you walk to the market for your daily groceries?
It’s just so easy to pick up the phone and order for home delivery. Next time, walk.
Another way you could build exercise into your routine is at the office. Instead of using the intercom or the e-mail, get up and walk a little. It will help you stretch your legs, and stop your body from rusting.
Another option could be to use the stairs, and not the lift. It is a myth that since women do all the household chores themselves, they exercise most of their muscles.
The result is that they have sounder bodies than men.
When you begin your exercise routine, you will be enthusiastic. You need to maintain that level of enthusiasm, or you will become the next exercise dropout.
Here are some tips that could keep up your interest:
- Vary the type of exercise: Do this to avoid getting bored.
- Change the intensity: When one day, you could do a high-intensity workout, the next day will be a more enjoyable form of exercise.
- Change the frequency: with the duration of your exercise.
- Fit your exercise routine into your daily routine: Make exercise a part of your life.
- Train with a friend: There will be a level of commitment.
- Choose activities you enjoy: You necessarily do not have to do aerobics if you do not like it.
- Set goals: Set yourself short, medium and long term goals.
- Be realistic: Do not set goals, which are nearly or close to impossible to do.
- Keep your programme short: When you start exercising, keep your plan short.
- Be patient: Remember if you have taken four years to put on all the weight, it will not be possible to lose it in four days.
- Keep a record and plot your progress: This will further motivate you to achieve your goal.
- Reassess your goals regularly: The closer you get, the more motivated you will be.
Starting any exercise regimen is not that much hard.
What is difficult is sticking to it.
If you follow these rules, you will find it easier to stay on track and work consistently towards your goal.