Remember how your baby gurgled with joy when you massaged his soft petal-like skin,
and the way he slept contentedly in your arms after you had finished.
A massage is one of the first contacts a newborn has with the world.
Yes, it is the power of touch that shapes our lives from the very beginning.
A massage is the most basic manifestation of touch as it soothes, calms and imparts warmth and caring.
It is a silent communication of affection and understanding between two individuals and a widely practised form of stress management.
- Amongst its innumerable advantages,
- A massage releases tension from tired muscles stimulates blood flow,
- Eases stress,
- Helps fluid drainage speeds up the elimination of wastes products by the body, and
- More importantly, It generates a sense of wholeness and peace.
- Massage thus increases your sense of well-being, both physically and mentally.
Today, massage is a widely used and accepted technique to help your tired body and mind rejuvenate.
There’s no better remedy than a languorous massage to relieve you of your tension and get rid of your aches and pains.
Aren’t their times when you have had a back-breaking day and wish that you could lie down and have the luxury of a massage?
No need to worry!
You can learn to give yourself a massage by learning a few simple techniques.